Who We Help
Anawim helps those who want to be helped. We are a clean house (free from drugs and alcohol) that provides for those basic needs to which every individual is entitled. What we provide, above all, is a safe home people can come to and feel like they are a part of something. We do our best to provide a feeling of family.
Anawim encourages personal growth, attending a twelve step program, seeking professional help, education or returning to the work force. We also go out as a family on outings; bowling, golf, hiking, swimming or for something as simple as just going out for ice cream. Anawim shows people how to live in a loving, caring, spiritual environment.
Anawim House is an adult only facility. We offer an outreach day program where those in need of companionship and sharing can drop by 6 days a week. We also provide a well-rounded residential program through which residents are encouraged to seek to change their self defeating behaviors, achieve 30 days of sobriety, and treat others with kindness and respect.
The Day Program
- Men and women in need, who want to live in a new healthy way:
- People at risk, without a safe and healthy place to spend the day
- People in need of food, clothing or refuge
- Those who do not have a place to bathe or do laundry
- People who need someone to care and believe in them
- Those who want to respect each other and leave the violent addictive ways of the street behind
- Those who have the willingness to risk new ways
- People who are searching to free themselves from the trappings of poverty to allow them to be who they were meant to be
The Residential Program
- Men who see Anawim House as a place where they can get off the streets and begin life anew
- Men who contribute to each other through sharing of household chores
- Men who contribute to day guests by maintaining a welcoming, accepting atmosphere in the house
- Supportive staff who encourage goal setting and the steps to meet those goals